CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fish and Chips and a real Brit......

I've mentioned before about how Sam's favorite mission companion, Barry, and his family live in Provo. Tonight they came out to our side of the valley.  We went to this little fish and chips spot they knew about in Layton called Taste of Brittan.  Barry is English and knows his fish and chips and said this place was pretty good......for America. :) It was!!!  The fish was delicious. The "chips" were just regular fries, so they were ok. They had minty peas, which I have heard Sam talk about how nasty they were for 15 years, but I'm adventurous, so I tried them. I really liked them!!!!  They were a mashed potato consistency and didn't taste like American green sweet peas. I really liked them. It was yummy to dip your fries in them.  Of course you had to drench your fish and chips in vinegar, which I loved!!!  It was great.  They came over and hung our for a while after and they told mission stories.  Barry's wife, Brittany, is American, but served in Scotland with Sam and Barry as well. So, it was fun to hear them talk about old times. I really like them, a lot, and hope we get to spend a lot more time together. :)

0 comments: