CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ready to get settled.......

The last couple of days here have been pretty good. We've done a lot of driving around and looking at stuff. Yesterday we drove down to Salt Lake and drove around temple square. We went to dinner at this amazing BBQ place called Holy Smoke (thanks Kathee!!).  It was the best BBQ I've had outside of Oklahoma. Delicious ribs!


I think I've said before.....the size of this place is overwhelming. And the traffic!!! I haven't had to deal with traffic in 4 years....it'll take some getting used to.  

This morning we went to housing and signed all our paper work. We get the keys tomorrow. We will get our household goods Thurs or Fri. It was supposed to be for sure Thurs, but the driver called today and said the company added a stop and it might be Friday before he gets here. Kinda stinks, but I can't complain too much. It's still pretty fast. 

After going to housing we drove out to Antelope island. It's an island in the middle of the Salt lake. It has hiking and camping and that kinda stuff. We just drove around.  We saw a buffalo herd! That was pretty fun. Here's a pic.....


Tonight we went to Costco for the first time. YAY!!  Saw so many things I can't wait to get. Parker wanted a card of his own and the sweet customer service lady made one for him....so cute. He was so proud to wear it while we walked around and kept saying that he could buy stuff now. 

\
I'm ready to be done with hotel living. I think the kids are sick of each other too. :)  I'm ready to get in, get our stuff and get settled.....go to our new ward and start meeting people. I'm excited to see my friends already here.  YAY! But things are going as well as they could, and I have to be grateful for that. :)


0 comments: