I am so tired!!!! This move has been exhausting. We finally got our stuff on Saturday. We actually haven't had a good experience this time around. When we called our moving coordinator today with all our complaints she said they had been getting a lot about Graebel and they might be dropping them! So, in a military move they are suppose to unpack you, if you want. Our driver/unloaders swore up and down to us that they were not unpackers and that we would need to call our moving coordinator Monday and schedule someone else to come and unpack us. Hello!!!! Do they think we are going to sit around for 2 days and just wait with a house full of boxes?? Of course our delivery was 3 days late and on a Saturday so the military moving office was closed, so we couldn't even call and complain while he was here. (btw.....when we told them that today they were shocked because all military moves include packing and they all know that.....it was a blatant lie and obviously done so they could move on since they were running 3 days behind) Ugh. Anyways, to make it worse they broke our bed the legs of our dresser. It's very nice heavy furniture. The bed was broken in transit, but the dresser was broken while the movers were moving it in upstairs. It's heavy, so instead of picking it up to move it they decided to scoot in across the carpet down the hall and into our bedroom. While doing so the legs caught and ripped the wood pieces they are attached to out from under the dresser. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! Both pieces are functional, but I honestly don't know how they are going to fix the bed. We have drawers under it and there is a piece right above the drawers that is cracked almost the whole length of the bed. I'm worried about it. Who knows how long it will take to get this rectified and who knows how they are going to see fit to "make it right". I think the dresser can be repaired pretty easily by someone who knows what they are doing. They already have to fix the top of the dresser because one of the packers on the Missouri end dropped his drill TWICE on it and gouged two wholes with the bit. We are really bummed because we have never had any problems before. Parker's bookshelf was also demolished......it was a cheap Walmart bookshelf, so I wasn't surprised by that. As we started opening boxes we soon realized how carelessly our belongings were packed. They really couldn't have cared less. Glass vases on the bottom of boxes full of kitchen appliances. Posters waded up in boxes under toys. Things we had put together so they would be packed together found in completely different boxes. Mislabeled boxes. Things not wrapped properly.....just lots of stuff like that. Just disappointing. I've decided I'm not buying movers lunch anymore. We did it on both ends and it didn't matter...........we even gave one of them our old big screen for FREE, and he still treated our stuff like crap. Now, was it so terrible I'd be interested in doing a dity next time? Ask me after the damage claims process.......I'll keep ya posted.
Yesterday we went to our new ward for the first time. We got there 15 min early and there were like 2 other families there. Soon after some older couples came in and came right over to talk to us. Our ward is a good mix of older retired couples and young couples. Sacrament was a little loud....lots and lots of babies and little kids. The primary is HUGE! The youth is small. Parker did well in primary. His teachers seem really nice and he seemed to have fun. I love that even though the people and building are different it's still the same. Parker still got to have singing time and sing the songs he loves, so I think that helped make him feel more comfortable. Aileen didn't have the same experience. For one, she is ready to be done with Primary. Just a couple more months. There aren't a whole of girls her age, and the girls in her class were a little shy. She was sad cause no one talked to her. I explained to her that they were feeling shy just like she is and she might have to be the one to start a conversation and say hi. I think in a few weeks, and especially once she gets in YW it will be better for her. Poor Sam said he went to High Priests and he is easily younger than everyone by at least 15 years. He said he will be talking to the EQ president to make sure he is informed of their stuff too so he can associate with men his age. The Bishopric is around his age, but they aren't in there......they are way too busy. A few couple months ago Emily introduced me a to a girl she knew from Vegas who is in my new ward, Aurie. So, I've been in contact with her and it's been great!! She lent us chairs and a drill before our stuff got here and has made me feel welcome! Relief Society was actually pretty great. Some of the sisters already knew I was coming and so many introduced themselves to me and came up to talk. It was nice. I kinda hope I get to stay in there for a while and get to know them better. :)
Today was spent unpacking. I got frustrated because I can't fit everything in my kitchen. Will have to come up with some creative ways to store things. I think I have a plan that might work. Our room is still a disaster, but everything else is taking shape. We DID buy a new TV, and I love it!!!!! Now, some of you may know about our old ghetto TV. It was a nice big screen, about 7 years old. It got struck by lightening and so to make it work you had to plug and unplug it over and over for the first 10 minutes you turn it on. So, it's VERY nice to be able to just turn on the TV! We really like it. Our first big Costco purchase. It was a great deal.
Anyway, like I said at the beginning.....moving is exhausting......in all ways possible. Physically, emotionally.....my sanity is questionable. ;) Just glad to be on this end of it......remind me not to do this again anytime soon!!!!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment