We made it! Hooray!! We got here mid afternoon and got checked into our hotel. The kids think it's "fancy". It is really nice and will be great to stay in the next few days. It's actually overwhelming to be back in such a populated area. Phoenix was this way, but we've spent the past 4 years in little St Robert. So, it's a bit of culture shock. Feels like we are on vacation. I guess it will feel this way until we actually get moved in with our stuff. We went by our house today, and I am a little disappointed. It looks nice, but it looks small. Definitely smaller than I imagined and was led to believe. We only looked through windows, so I'm hoping once we get in it will be ok. I'm sure it will all work out. The neighborhood seems nice and there is a splash park literally a few houses down. I imagine the kids will be wanting to go there a lot. The base itself reminds me a lot of Luke AFB. Kind of industrial looking.....not NEARLY as pretty as Fort Leonard Wood, but the scenery around is absolutely gorgeous. The mountains are literally right there. It is so so pretty here. I will love looking out my window everyday. We are literally sandwiched between the salt lake and the mountains. We drove around and the kids had a great time playing "count the spires". It's amazing to me, how many there are. Literally across the street from each other! We saw the Bountiful temple up on the hill as we were driving around. I am so excited to get to temple much more often with so many so close. :) So, the hard part is over. Now we just wait for our stuff and set up house. Here are a couple pics!
Happy Independence Day America!!! 250 Years!
1 month ago




1 comments:
YAY! So glad you made it. Love the hotel room! Can't wait to see pictures of your house. I hope it works out well!!
Post a Comment