CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 6.......

Leg 2....the longest is complete! YAY!

Most of the day I saw this......

It really was pretty, but it gets monotonous. I'm glad we had gorgeous weather. We haven't had any problems in that department, thank goodness.  

We saw the world headquarters of Cabelas.  Did you know it's in the middle of nowhere Wyoming?  It is!!

We also saw this.......



Did you know there was a giant head of President Lincoln in the middle of Wyoming? Has something to do with the first intercontinental highway, or something. At the same rest stop there was a tiny museum.....

  
At lunch today we stopped at a place called Runza. Nadine recommended it and I was the only one brave enough to try the actual famous sandwhich. It was seasoned ground beef with cabbage and cheese in this roll and It was delicious!  Sam wished he'd gotten one after tasting mine instead of his burger.  Thanks Nadine!

At one of our pit stops, I was scooping some pooh out of the litter box....remember I told you the cats are in a large cage together and have a litter box. Well, while doing this I DUMPED THE LITTER BOX ON ME!!!!!  Yes, laugh it up. It was nasty and I smelled like cat litter. And that poor gas station had a large pile of kitty litter and kitty potty in their parking lot. Luckily the kitty potty didn't get on me.....but it was still nasty. 

At one point we were in the middle of rest stops is Wyoming and Aileen had to go to the bathroom really bad.  There was no where to stop except this little Super 8. So we pulled over and the lady said, "I'm sorry, we don't have a public bathroom" I said, "I have a child here who really needs to go"  "I'm sorry" Poor Aileen. I should have said "Fine, well, I'll just have her go here right out side your front door." Makes me so mad. Seriously, I know she has to go to the bathroom during her shift......who doesn't let a little kid go to the bathroom when you know there isn't another stop for miles. Stupid lady.

After we got into Wyoming it really started getting beautiful. This was a great change of scenery.....


The kids thought the mountains were awesome....so do I, actually. I forgot how gorgeous they are and how much I love them. Getting out the car up here is awesome. The air is so crisp and cool and clean and yummy.  We are staying in Rawlins, WY. Our Hotel is really nice and this bed is SUPER comfortable I'm about to crash in. We had dinner at a place called Bucks.  Recommended by a local and it was delicious! A great steak. 

Another 5 hours or so and we will be there. Glad the shortest leg of the trip is tomorrow. That was smart of me.  Til then....... :)

0 comments: