CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We survived!!

I was so nervous last night. My anxiety was through the roof.  Aileen off to 6th grade and my little Parker starting kindergarten. How would I survive??!!  

We woke up early this morning. And let me tell you, we've slept in all summer. It was hard for everyone to get up! Aileen starts school at 7:30, so we were up and at em at 6:00 am. Aileen wanted to straighten her hair and we wanted to be sure we had plenty of time. We ate breakfast and got dressed and straightened hair and packed lunches.  Before we headed off I made them let me take pictures. :) Last year, Aileen's school was literally 3 minutes away.....in traffic. This year however, I am traveling to 2 different schools over in Waynesville. It's really not that far, but since Parker doesn't start school until 8:30, it's just far enough away that we really don't have time to come home in between.  Some would say, "Why don't you have Aileen ride the bus?" Since I have the privilege of being a stay at home mom, it's really important to me to take and pick them both up from school. I like being able to do it.  Anyways, we dropped off Aileen and she was very grown up and didn't need a lot of help from mom. :)  She walked off to her locker impossibly grown up and ready for her 1st day. How did she get to be so old?  Heartbreaking. Then Parker and I drove to his school and he watched a DVD while I read and we waited for it to be time to take him to his class.  He did so well!!!  He was super excited while we put everything away in his cubby.  He gave me a hug and walked over to his seat and said, "Bye, Mom!"  I wasn't ready to leave! I walked over and gave him a hug and told tell him bye again. "Bye, Mom!" he said again as I waived and started to walk away...then I had to go back for one last hug. But I didn't cry!!!!  Yay me. 

My friend, Kori also dropped her last baby off at kindergarten today, so we decided to meet at Panera for breakfast, just in case we needed a little consoling. :)  It was a great way to take our minds off leaving our babies at school and a good way to start this new phase of our lives!!!  So grateful for good friends.

I kept busy all day and Sam even came home early! 

It really was a good day. It will probably take until next week and getting into a good schedule to see how I like this both kids being at school thing. I have some goals for myself, so hopefully, that will help keep me busy. I also have great friends who will make sure this mommy doesn't get lonely and will be happy to let me hold a sleeping baby and wipe a few messy faces. :)

So, here's to a good school year for the Norris kids! Man, oh man, how time truly does fly by.


1 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden

WOW!! Both in school! You'll have to let me know how it goes. I've done the same--thought of some goals that I personally want to work on (though Elden doesn't go for two more years.) I want to still feel good about life and feel productive even when the kids are away at school for a few hours. Can't wait for an update!