Tonight we did a great activity in Laurels. As a presidency, we have made a schedule of class activity genres for the year (ie: Fun, Spiritual, Service) and we rotate through them (so we don't always just do fun activities). Tonight, for the Laurels it was a "spiritual" activity. I found a cute tutorial on pinterest for paper Book of Mormon covers and the idea grew from there.
I started the activity by playing this video.
When I was 19 and taking an institute class in Tulsa, I had a wonderful teacher named Bro. Harding. He was amazing and I learned soooo much from him. I still have so many things in the margins and on sticky notes in my scriptures from his class. He gave us several scriptures to use when sharing the gospel with others. These verses testify of the Savior, and I think are a great way to introduce people to what we believe and what the Book of Mormon is about. I gave them each a soft covered Book of Mormon (thank you Bro Vance) and we wrote this on the first blank page:
We then read and marked each of these scriptures. I think if the book looks appealing, people might be more prone to open it, so we made cute little paper covers for them.
| (this is the one I made) |
Here is the tutorial for it if you are interested.
We ended the activity by promising to write our testimonies of Christ in them and find someone to give it to. They are to report to when they do. :) And, finally, watched this last video. I love Elder Holland. He speaks to me in a way no one else does. This is a beautiful testimony of the Book of Mormon from an Apostle of Jesus Christ. Amazing.

0 comments:
Post a Comment