CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oklahoma burning.....well, almost....

This past week we were able to go spend time with my family in Oklahoma. It was HOT!!!  Now, I lived in Phoenix for 5 years, so I know hot and this was hot.  105 for Tulsa is hot. Especially with the humidity. They tell it has been over a hundred for like 6 weeks.  That is crazy. So, it was nice to come home to Missouri where it was only 95. :)  Sam was there only for a couple days....I had given him tickets to a concert for his birthday in Tulsa last January, but it got cancelled because of the massive snow storm that hit Tulsa. He was stuck for a week! So, they rescheduled the concert for last week. Unfortunately, he had to come back to work. We had a great time though.  Lots of fun, good food, and good company. The kids had a blast. They each had special time with Aunt Krissy. Which they both loved!!  My mom took them all over....basically anything they wanted. :)  They enjoy getting spoiled by Grammy. Build a Bear, Aquarium, shoe shopping, pottery painting, eating out (which we never do at home) and lots of other fun things. Papa took them to the Porter Peach Festival. It was stinkin burning up, even at 9:30 in the morning, so, we didn't get to stay quite as long as we normally would have. They had some little carnival rides which I will post a few pics of and that is where i got my peaches, peach jam and peach salsa. YUMMY!!! We got to celebrate my brother's birthday, fight over who got to hold new baby Khloe and just spend time together. I always enjoy going to spend time with my family. We have to take advantage of being close enough to see them often....who knows where we will be in 2 years. We had a fun, eventful and exciting time last week, but its always nice to be home. I was only gone a little over a week, but I feel so out of the loop!! :)

 
He was so excited he got to ride it by himself!


I love Aileen's face. She really wanted to ride some bigger rides, but after she said this one made her queasy, we decided that probably wasn't a good idea ;)
 

What you don't see is me taking Parker down earlier.
I'm sure it was a humorous sight to behold. :)


1 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden

I bet you had a wonderful time in Oklahoma! It's always nice to be with family. Thank you again for coming to Clark's baptism. It was great having you there. And it was sad saying goodbye today! Ahh...the military life.....