CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Elijah

One year ago....my sister delivered her sweet baby boy at 22 weeks.  He may not have taken a breath in this world, but he impacted it still the same.


A day or so after his birth I wrote a song and recorded it for my sister.  It was played at his graveside service.  I've held off sharing it, but a year later I feel comfortable doing so.

Elijah's Song

Sweet little baby wrapped in my arms
No bigger than Daddy's hand
Quietly entered this beautiful world
I'm trying to understand
Silent and helpless I hold you near
as you take your place in my heart

This sweet little angel given to me
Angel of Innocence

I wish I could hold you until my last breath
but Jesus will while I can't
One day he'll hand you back over to me
and we'll be together again
Until that day He'll keep you safe
while Angels sing you lullabies

My sweet little angel given to me
Angel of Innocence


We miss you little Elijah.

0 comments: