CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A sad trip back home

This past week I made a last minute trip back to Oklahoma for my Grandpa's funeral. He was old and sick and I am relieved that he is no longer in pain, but he will be greatly missed. My uncle had a DVD slide show made of a bunch of pictures my mom and other family members had. We played it at the funeral and it was so awesome. So many wonderful memories. He was a big goof ball and had the biggest heart. He loved his kids and grandkids and we all knew it. There was never a question about that. He will be missed, no doubt. It's times like this that I am so thankful to have the gospel. Even though he isn't a member of the church, and even though my heart breaks at the thought that he is no longer on this earth, I find such comfort knowing what comes after death. Knowing that it is far from the end. Knowing that our Savior made it possible for us to live again.....together. Times like this make me cherish that gift more than ever. That gift is eveidence of how much our Heavenly Father loves us.

1 comments:

Courtney

I totally agree with you. I felt the exact same way when my grandmother passed. I just wish there was a way to comfort others the way we feel comforted about life after earth.