Tonight for FHE we decided to go to downtown Salt Lake. Good decision! We went intending to got to the Church History Museum and walk around Temple Square. We went to the history museum first and it was pretty neat. They had a kids section that Parker really loved. We walked around Temple Square and went in the tabernacle. It was small!! I loved the history of it and the wooden benches and seeing how close you were the Prophet and Apostles when they gave conference talks. How cool. We walked around the Temple and I took some pics. A lot, actually. :) I love taking pics of the temple. I really like taking pics of temples with the American flag in front of it. We decided to walk over to the conference center just to take a look. We walked in and a sweet lady asked if we wanted a tour. We knew it was getting late and we hadn't eaten dinner, but we decided we'd get a "shortened tour". We ended up getting the whole thing! It was amazing. Parker loved it. Our tour guide totally catered to him and let him feel like he was in charge. She was amazing and took so much time with us. We went up on the roof and it is gorgeous up there. How smart to make it so gorgeous. President Hinckley was a smart, and inspired, man! Its awesome up there. She took us all over and showed us everything. I loved all the art. All the paintings are the originals. All the original Book of Mormon pictures are displayed there and so many other beautiful paintings, sculptures and art. This was such a neat tour and I am so glad we decided to do it. It was my favorite thing of the night. So many fun FREE things to do for FHE here. Pretty awesome.
**on a side note.....there are so many "beggars", for lack of a better term, around Temple Square. I wonder if they have found mormons are more generous....especially if they catch them coming out of the Temple......interesting**

0 comments:
Post a Comment