CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 9, 2012

How did I get so lucky?

My sweet little Aileen turned 11 today. I don't understand how this is possible, first of all.  I was looking back through old pictures yesterday (before digital camera days) and it seems just like last week!!  My parents were right, it's gone in the blink of an eye. I've seen a few people do something on their blog on special occasions, most recently Melissa Blau did this for her and Herman's anniversary, that I think is so fun!!! Since Aileen turned 11, I will list 11 things I love about her.

1. Aileen is kind. She is a friend to everyone, kid or adult, and will go out of her way to make a new person feel welcome. She is super sensitive, not only with her own feelings, but is very aware of other's feelings as well.

2. Aileen is fun!!  She can out silly all of us. She loves to play games and to try to be funny. She doesn't take herself too seriously and isn't afraid to be a little dorky. :)  She is an absolute joy to be around. Ask anyone. :)

3. Aileen is a great eater.  This may seem funny to you, but those of you who have picky eaters no how frustrating it can be.  Aileen is not afraid to try new things and there isn't a whole lot she doesn't like. I was extremely picky as a kid, luckily I've grown out of it, so I think it's awesome that she is such a great eater.

4. Aileen is enthusiastic about everything. She's not really ho hum about much of anything and gets really excited about even the smallest things.  She looks at life with enthusiasm and optimism!!!  It makes her so easy to be around.

5.  Aileen loves to learn. She LOVES to read books and watch National Geographic on Netflix about animals and space and the earth. She loves school and because she's a people pleaser, her teachers always love her. She's a great student and always does well.

6.  I LOVE Aileen's fake laugh. It really bugs me most of the time, but my life would empty without it. Gotta have it. :)

7.  Aileen LOOOOOOOOVES to help. Help with anything....dinner.....cookies......housework......other peoples housework......taking care of little kids.......if you ask for her help, she will jump up without hesitation.

8.  Aileen is a great big sister. She loves Parker. She plays with him and is silly with him and reads to him and dresses like super heroes with him. She helps him clean his room, and doesn't complain too much about any of it. She is really really sweet to him. :)

9.  Aileen loves animals. Just about anything furry. She'd have a zoo if we'd let her. She's not only sensitive about people, but with animals as well.  She can't watch the Humane Society commercials on TV.  It tugs on her sweet little heart string too much.

10.  Aileen is musical.  She has a beautiful voice and loves to sing and listen to music. I'm excited to see how this talent develops and what her interest is in it will be. I'm excited to sing with her when she gets older.

11.  Aileen loves her Heavenly Father and her Savior, and really tries to do what is right. She is a wonderful example to her friends and family and speaks to them with such confidence about the gospel at such a young age. She knows she is a daughter of God and that she is special to Him. Her testimony at such a young age amazes me.

I'm not sure how I got so lucky, but Aileen truly is a dream child. She has never given us any trouble.  I realize she hasn't quite entered the "challenging" years, but I see in her a soon to be young woman who will continue to make good choices and make her Mom, Dad and Heavenly Father very proud.  She's an amazing young lady and I am so thankful that I get to keep her......forever and ever.


Happy Birthday, Aileen!!!!  I love you!!!!

0 comments: