CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 13, 2012

To express or not to express, that is the question

So, anyone who knows me knows I avoid confrontation, almost at all costs. I hate it. I often will keep opinions to myself if I think there is any chance I will offend someone. ENFJ through and through, right Sammy? :)  Even though I am not super assertive or always comfortable expressing my opinion, especially when I disagree, I so admire people who can so freely offer theirs.  Honestly, most of the time, I am already thinking what they have the guts to say!!  I have had a few conversations this week about this very subject, and I am so grateful for my friends who are assertive and honest and open and so freely share what they think.  As I've gotten older and had kids (you don't mess with my babies!!!), my ability to speak up and out has definitely grown. I think that's probably true with everyone. When we first moved to Ft Leonard Wood, on Aileen's 2nd day of school, she was bullied by a little girl in her class. Man, I was on that phone before she could even finish telling me what happened. It makes me think of little old ladies who are so blunt and honest.....life has educated them and given them guts! I am not saying I want to be super assertive or outspoken. It's not me. I do, however wish I had just a little bit of that assertiveness.  A little bit of that, "here's my opinion...take it or leave it" kind of attitude.  BUT, I don't and that's ok. BUT it does make me super grateful for my few very closest friends who do allow me the chance to speak my mind. Who I know my opinion matters, who allow me to express without judgement and who I know will love me no matter what crazy things I say. I promise, I am not all rainbows and lollipops, people. :) (There are a couple of you out there who know the crazy, judgmental, free speaking side of Jeni.  She's crazy, right?) So, here's to you, my outspoken friends. I love ya and here's a little giggle for you........


  

1 comments:

TotallyContent

Oh that picture is so spot on! If people only knew what I want to say and don't...... :)