A month ago Kori was a DIRECT answer to a prayer. She texted me one day and asked me if I wanted to do a 12 week individual workout plan with her. Little did she know I had been praying for a way to get more healthy and I knew I couldn't do it on my own. I needed help and I was praying for it. Heavenly Father truly does use us to answer each other's prayers! So, I started doing CrossFit with Kori. After the first day I decided I needed a theme song. Queen's "Another one bites the dust" (meaning pounds) fit the bill perfectly. FYI....it is my favorite song to walk to. Such a great easy pace to keep with the beat. I even made it my ring tone for now. :) Kori has been amazing. So patient with me and just the right blend of encouragement and toughness. I can't even begin to express how much I appreciate that she is doing this for me. I am so grateful for her. I feel stronger!!! I notice a change in my body. Even thought the pounds aren't melting off like I'd kinda hoped, I can definitely tell a difference. Last week was hard for me. I had a week where I didn't really want to do much, and didn't. I could tell a difference in my mood, attitude and body by the end of the week. I missed it!! I missed how I felt after a work out. This is my new motto:
After last week I'd much rather feel sore!!! In fact, I might even love CrossFit. Seriously, I never thought I'd say that. I have never wanted to be a runner, or run long distances or anything like that. I still don't. It's not my favorite thing, but I enjoy CrossFit. I enjoy the variety and the absolute drenching sweat I get after! So, maybe I love CrossFit, just maybe.



0 comments:
Post a Comment