CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 27, 2012

What am I gonna do???????

This week I signed Parker up for Tiger Preschool up at the high school.  It's a program where the child development class does an hour and a half "lab" I guess you could call it with preschool age kids. We do the mommy preschool, but I really wanted Parker to be in a classroom setting before he starts kindergarten.  I think this will be good for him.  However, it really got me thinking......what am I going to do with myself when he goes to kindergarten next year???  I will be lost without my Parker all day.  He has been my all day everyday for 5 years now and I think I will feel a little lost. I can not believe he is big enough to be starting school. It kinda breaks my heart. I remember how hard it was to leave Aileen that first day of kindergarten, but I had work to occupy my day.  I am going to have to find something to keep me busy that first day or I will go crazy.  It makes me so nervous and full of anxiety to think about it, but he is going to love it. He is so ready (he would have been ready this year) and will have so much fun. He is a people person and a social butterfly and will thrive, I know.  He's ready....even though I'm not.

3 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden

Though Elden will still be at home, I have been sad for awhile now about Shanna and Haley going to school. I keep getting sader (is that a word?) about it too! I really wouldn't be surprised if I cry when I drop them off! And then in 2014 Elden will be at school and I'll be in the same boat as you. I have been volunteering at the elementary school and it's been really fun. I think I'll do even more when Elden goes to school. Maybe I'll sign up to be a sub? Hope all goes well finding stuff to do! I think you'll find some great things though to do!

Unknown

I feel your anxiety! By the time Lorenzo starts school it will be 13 years that my days have been full of caring for little ones. I feel sick when I think about Lorenzo going to school, like Parker he is ready. We will have to go out to breakfast on the first day :)

jeni

Kori, it's a date!!