CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tummies and Souls sufficently filled!

On Friday night Sam and I went and celebrated our 13th Anniversary. I CAN NOT believe it's been that long. Sheesh. We are boring and just went to dinner and a movie (but lets face it, there's not a lot to do around here). It was nice spending a little time together. I feel really blessed to have to have a great husband who takes care of me and our kids. One who honors his priesthood and tries his best to do what the Lord wants him to do.  I feel blessed that he chooses to serve our country and I am so proud to be a military wife.  I am so grateful for the good, fun and loving Daddy that he is.  I am grateful that he chose to love me. :)

Saturday and Sunday was General Conference.  Sunday was our "actual" anniversary, so I made Sam's favorite.....roast.

So our Spirits and our tummies were sufficinetly filled that day! I love coming away from conference feeling so uplifted and happy and optimistic and full of love for my Savior and those sweet sweet Apostles.  I always feel rejuvenated and ready for what may come in the next 6 months. I think Sis. Dalton's talk was my favorite. I LOVED it! Maybe it's because I am a new young women's president and everytime I heard "youth" or "young women and young men" my ears perked up! I just loved how she made a talk about the challenges our young women face today focused through the eyes of her father. How important it is for a young girl to see her mother loved. To see how a woman is suppose to be treated.  How it can truly shape the kind of man she brings into her own life. I thought it was fantastic.  I heard on Dr Phil (yes, I know.....we can talk about this later, but I sometimes watch Dr Phil) that sometimes a girl needs a "Father" and sometimes she needs a "Daddy".  I LOVED this.  What a great quote.  I also really enjoyed the talk on Elijah, I think it was Elder Bednar.  How family history and temple work are so important and we all should be working fast and furious on it. I loved how he challenged us to get the youth more involved.  I will tell you.....St Robert 1st ward young women will be doing this!!! (I got lots of ideas from conference). There's no reason our youth can't be indexing, helping some of our older generations learn to do it and going to do baptism more than just our scheduled twice a year time. I loved conference and that Aileen watched all of Sunday!!  She listened alertly and laughed at Pres Monson when he made jokes and I could really see that she was listening and developing a love for our sweet Prophet.

Now, I also felt a little jipped because Elder Holland spoke at the Priesthood Session and not in a general session. He is always my favorite and for some reason I always really connect to his talks, and although I've never met him, I feel like I've know him forever.......and maybe I have. ;)

It was really a great weekend!

4 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden

I missed part of conference and started re-listening to it last night. So wonderful! I am excited for all those young ladies under your care!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose

I also Loved sister Daltons Talk! I felt like it was an important message for fathers AND mothers. She is so cute too! I am also a huge fan of Elder Holland (I know, sounds silly)...and I missed hearing him talk. Sigh. We can read it later I suppose!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Stephanie

I'm with you about Elder Holland. I too always connect with what he says. I've spent the last week catching up as I missed Saturday morning as well as some parts of of other talks over the two days. I have been given so much to ponder and practice.
I have to admit that I'm a little sad not be in Young Women's with you as I'm sure the plans you have will be incredible and fun to help come about. Not to say I'm not excited about where I am because it too is an exciting place to serve the Lord. :D
And finally happy anniversary to you and Sam. You guys are one of my favorite couples/families to watch. The love and happiness surrounding you is so inspiring.

Emily

Elder Holland is my ALL TIME FAVORITE! I love that you say maybe you have known him forever...maybe I have too!! He seems to penetrate my soul when he speaks! I was really disappointed when Ben came home and said he spoke in Priesthood...you know we should put out a petition... poor Barbara Thompson had to speak twice!! :)