Our ward split yesterday! Yes, I know we were all a buzz about it for months, but it finally happened. As I looked around at some of the crying faces, I thought......this IS a little sad. I've always been pretty ok with change....I think my optimistic personality helps me deal with it well. I was sad, of course, as there are many in the SR 2nd ward who I will really miss seeing every Sunday, some great friends.
Our stake presidency described the change the best. I had never thought of this myself and it was kind of an "Ah ha" moment, as Oprah would say. Yes, we are busting at the seams for our little building, but "we are not changing because of necessity for us, but because we need to make room for those yet to come". I LOVED this! How awesome is that??!! Our ward literally has the most baptisms I have EVER seen in a ward. The church is on the verge of exploding in this area and how awesome that the Lord has told our leaders to prepare now......(aren't they always telling us to be prepared!).....to get ready for those who will soon be finding what they've been looking for. :) This change is good. The Lord has a purpose in all things. And even though change is difficult, it's always for a reason. This time the reason just happens to be crystal clear. :)
Happy Independence Day America!!! 250 Years!
1 month ago

3 comments:
I love that explanation too! I am so excited for all that will happen in the new wards. I still wish that the split would have happened in July, but as I think I told you, it was nice leaving when it was still just one ward. By the way, does the Bishop Blau have a new counselor yet? Was that mentioned? Or will he just be sustained in the new ward? So curious! Miss you!!!
I didn't realize this would happen so soon, and I am sure it is bitter sweet - but like you said, there is a reason for it. And it's wonderful to know the Lord is in control and he knows better than we do!
PS. I'll be singing that song for the rest of the day!
Post a Comment