CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm So glad when Daddy comes home.....

As the primary kids were singing this song in church today I thought.....for my kids.....this is so TRUE!!  Every day when they hear the door unlock, they run into the front room to greet him.  I'm so blessed to have husband who is such a great Dad.  He's not afraid to be silly and roll around on the floor, or make poop jokes, but he also is a great example and teacher.  I have to be honest....I am NOT comfortable teaching little kids.  I never have been.  I struggle with teaching to any age level, to be honest.  I've never thought of this as one of my talents (which I will get to in a minute). My husband, on the other hand, is a WONDERFUL teacher...any age group....any topic....2 weeks notice or 5 minutes notice...he can do it...with ease. It's something I really admire about him. 

I am also very grateful to have a remarkable Dad of my own.  He is the hardest worker I know and also one of the most tender.  I am so proud to be his daughter and so grateful my Heavenly Father gave him to me.  I love my DAD!!!

Back to my lack of a teaching talent.....In Sunday school today (so glad I went...lately I have found myself in the foyer doing YW stuff) we talked about the parable of the talents.  How we all have certain ones and how we all have some we still need to develop. I have been in the YW presidency the last 2 years I have been given many opportunities to teach.  I have definitely seen my skills in this area improve!!  There is hope for me yet! Sometimes I still get nervous and I still freak out if I have to teach on the spot, but I have also felt the spirit guide my words....when I have done all I can do to prepare.....He makes up the difference. Isn't that like all of life, here on earth and in the hereafter.....when we have done all we can do....He will make up the difference.

3 comments:

Anonymous

Thanks for including me in the opportunity to un-bury my talent to sing yesterday at the conference! Singing toddler tunes hasn't done anything for my technique or developing my talent the past few years :-)

brittanyandtravis

You do a great job teaching! I love listening to your lessons. And it was a good thing I wasn't there to keep you out of Sunday School today ;)

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden

I was thinking about the talent bit later this evening. I need to work on this area! I don't feel so confident teaching either. I think I do okay, but I definitely need to improve in that!