CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Err on the side of compassion

We had a wonderful visiting teaching brunch today!  I heard something I haven't heard before..... "err on the side of compassion".  Wow!! This really hit me like a ton of bricks. I like to think of myself as a compassionate person, but do I always err on the side of compassion? It shouldn't matter why, or under what circumstance a person finds themselves in need of service.....I should be willing to do it! It is never going to hurt to serve.....even if you feel it will go unappreciated or unwelcome, or even if you feel like they don't "need" or "deserve" what they are asking for.  The Savior never questioned before he served...never gave a thought to whether it would be unwelcome or unappreciated. I have had great examples of service in my life, and still do now. Sometimes I look at people (a couple in particular) and think, "How do they even find time to sleep?!" I never hear them question why or say, "UGH! This person has needed too much service lately." or "I've already served so much this week. I'm gonna take a break." They just jump into action when needed.  Service truly is a path to happiness. It truly is all of our responsibility!!  I never feel better about myself than when I serve.  So, I hope I will take the lesson I always, "err on the side of compassion" and serve without hesitation.

3 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose

That is a lesson I need to learn as well. I also need to LOOK for more opportunities to serve. Sometimes I get so caught up in my own life, I don't pay attention to what is happening in others. That is on my list of things to work harder on! Love that you back in the blogging world Jen!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden

I LOVED the musical number you, Emi, Amanda and Alyssa did. WOW. It was amazing! Thank you, thank you. Wasn't that a great quote? And by the way, I LOVE your blog. It's so cute!

leslie mae

so sad I missed this!!! Thanks for sharing though, it's sometime I need to remember too!