CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Not so lost in the crowd.......

I had my concerns coming to Utah. I was excited for the beauty, all the LDS history and things to do, and my friends that lived here, but I was really worried about "finding my place" in our new ward. Not having ever lived in Utah, I asked around.  How my friends liked Utah, what did they think, etc. I got a lot of the same answer......don't let yourself get lost in the Utah crowd. Don't become a wall flower, and don't take it personally if the ward isn't that friendly.  You'd be worried too, right?  I was so comfortable in our Missouri ward (miss you guys!!!!!!!) and knew exactly what my place was there, and felt valued and like I really contributed. I was worried about that coming to Utah. With so many strong members and huge wards I really thought, will I have that much to offer that isn't already there? I was worried and nervous about it. But too my surprise (sorry I doubted you new ward!) it has not been that way at all. Our ward is not huge. I'm guessing its our location and if the base were in Provo it'd be totally different, but our ward here is smaller than our ward in Missouri! And I have to tell you......we have been welcomed with open arms. The sisters in my ward have really made me feel like they are excited I am here. I am greeted with warm smiles and invitations to go do things, and just a warmness and friendliness that honestly, I didn't expect.  I know this a blessing and a testimony to me that my Heavenly Father hears my prayers and knows my heart and what I needed to make this transition. I can definitely see some wonderful friendships forming in this ward and I am so grateful for that.

We have found ourselves so busy! Sam has family here and between them inviting us over and our friends that already lived here, our new friends at church and running into Sam's old mission companions....we've already developed quite a social life!!!  We are having a blast and even though I don't want to admit it, I really really like it here.  I won't say love yet...we will see when the newness wears off and the kids start school and we get into a routine, but I really am liking it here a lot. 

So, tonight I am feeling blessed and grateful that I am not so lost in crowd. :)


2 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose

So glad you guys are enjoying your new home in UT. You guys deserve it!

Emily

Just been catching up on your blog. I sure miss you, but it looks like you are embracing Utah. Maybe someday you will love it as much as I do! Had a girls night last week and you were sorely missed... but don't worry, living in Utah, you will never get rid of us now!!!