CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Move to Utah....Day 2

This day did not start well. I was reminded of the skit on SNL with Seth and Amy called, "Really??!!" Ugh. I was woken up by Aileen at 4:00 am throwing up and a fever. Poor baby just missed 3 days of school for a cold/allergy combo.  I spent the next few hours tossing a turning, getting up with Aileen and trying to figure out what to do with her while the packers were there. At 8:00 Kori showed up at my door (we are taking a couple things for her sister in Utah with us) and said, "Let me take Parker to school!" Perfect timing and such a blessing that Kori is. Back to Aileen....the packers came today, and I just could not see trying to keep her at the house while they were working. Then the thought came to me. Amanda isn't working today. So, my dear friend Amanda (who is a wonderful nurse.....bonus!) let Aileen crash on her couch after we got back from the Dr. (which by the way, we have been to 4 times in the last 2 weeks).
Poor Aileen
Amanda took great care of her while the packers did their thing. Around 1:00 I got a call from Parker's school nurse.....as soon as he said who he was I thought, "Oh great...now he's puking!", but he wasn't. He took a tumble on the pavement at school and got a little scraped up and the nurse wanted me to know he was coming home with some band aids.
He hurt his face, arm, hand and knees
Now, Parker does not handle injury well. So these scrapes might as well be broken body parts as far as he is concerned. Giving him a bath tonight was trauma central.  Changing the band aids was torture. After school Kori took Parker for a bit while we got checked into the hotel and Jodie brought us dinner. It tasted sooooooo good after a long day and we were so grateful for it.

Hotel #1 is pretty nice. We had to have a place that would allow kitties, so the choices were limited, but I'd stay here again. The bed is super comfy.


Parker's favorite part

Tonight as I type this, (feeling a little icky...stay tuned to see if I'm catching the bug or just exhausted......Please pray no one else gets the bug!), I feel blessed by all the wonderful acts of service being given to us this week. We are so blessed with great people here in St Robert and we are truly going to miss them. 

It was a hard day, but my babies are sleeping peacefully.  We got news tonight that our household goods will delivered the day after we receive our keys in Utah.  Happy day!! The Lord is aware of us and continues to bless us. Things may not be going perfectly, but as a wise friend reminded me today, tests often come when we have big blessing on the way. :)

0 comments: