Oh my. Where to begin. This project has been amazing for me. My testimony has grown in leaps and bounds through the planning of this program. Since we were brand new Young Women's Presidencies, we decided to do St Robert 1st and 2nd ward together and I am so glad we did. It almost could not have gone more perfectly. I was searching the Internet one day for some gospel art and came across a photographer......Mark Mabry. First of all.......his talent is unrivaled. The way he captures the realness and beauty of the Savior is amazing. I watched a slide show that he had (see it here: Come See the Light) and instantly knew what our YWIE theme needed to be. 3 Nephi 11-17. We needed to focus on Christ's appearance and ministry to the Nephites. I knew we should use the scriptures and that we needed to tie in personal progress as well. After talking with Tiffany (SR 2nd ward YW Pres) about the idea and getting her go ahead I prayerfully thought about how to do this and with the help of Sammy (my 2nd counselor) came up with a program. We focused on Christ and the gospel principals he was teaching and had the girls talk about how personal progress has helped them learn more about and gain a testimony of those gospel principals. It turned out amazing. The girls were so prepared and bore such beautiful testimonies of the Savior. Sammy said it best on her blog here: restored faith. Our decorations were simple and we used pictures of Christ to decorate the tables and it was beautiful. We gave each of the girls this picture of Christ by Mark Mabry.
I love this picture and wish I could fill my home with his photography. You should really check out his stuff. 2nd ward did the best refreshments I have ever had at a church program!! Everything about the night was amazing and perfect. I have learned so much through the process and had my moments of doubt.......I had a few times where I needed comfort and reassurance that it would all turn out fine. I had a moment the day before where the Lord's tender mercies put me at peace. I had a little crying session at the church while testing out the projector with Amanda Housel (she was my audio/video lady and ROCKED!) and felt a wave of comfort in knowing that I had done all I could do provide a place for the spirit to dwell and I needed to trust that the spirit would be there. It was an amazing evening. I am so grateful for the young women. They truly are a light to the nations and were NO DOUBT saved for this day. Their strength and conviction and love for our Savior is evident and I am so blessed to be able to serve them. They have no idea what an example they are to me. How they lift my spirits and soften my heart. How because of them I can no longer say "I'm not a crier."


0 comments:
Post a Comment