I've been trying to become more tech savvy, and I'm getting pretty good at it. There are many things I like to do electronically, but sometimes, I just need that piece of paper in my hands. I'm a big time note taker and list maker. I like sticky notes. If you look in my scriptures or on my bedside table you will find sticky notes everywhere. I have sticky notes on pieces of paper. I have sticky notes on other notes. I love them. They are just so useful. I've tried making lists and taking notes on my iphone or laptop, but it's just not the same. I like the physical piece of paper in my hand. Tonight I was wanting to do some reading for my Young Women In Excellence Program coming up. (this will be a big post one day when it's over and done with.) I wanted to read a couple sections out of the Book of Mormon student manual. I found it electronically, so I tried to read it on my laptop. It wasn't going to happen. Even though you can take notes and highlight on digital copies these days, it just wasn't the same. I found myself printing off the 30 pages I wanted to read so I could have them in my hand with my highlighter and pencil. It's strange, I know. The words are the same, yet they spoke so much clearer to me from that piece of paper.
3 comments:
I am exactly the same!! Especially when it comes to reading a book or anything else more than a couple pages. I have to print it off so I can highlight it...call it old school but it's the best way! :)
As much as I love technology (and trust me I do). I am the same way...I love to have certain things on paper to read from, take notes on or just to have. It's why I can't give way to my scriptures on anything but the quad book itself!
Nadine-I am the same way with the scriptures. I have the app.....I've probably used it a couple times to look something up, but I love my quad. There's just something more special.....more reverent to me. I can't get a pop up message to distract me on my real scriptures. :)
Post a Comment