I was looking around online at LDS art and came across this. I know of Mark Mabry, but for some reason I have never seen this picture before. Can you imagine? That Nephite looks like he is never going to let go. How amazing it must have been to have the Lord of all creation come to you and hold you, for what I imagine was as long as you wanted Him to. The look on the Savior's face is just as compelling. I see relief. Relief that He was finally able to appear to His "other sheep" and minister to them, bless them and personally testify of the truthfulness of the prophets of His coming. I see the love and tenderness Christ has for His brother, His friend.....for this man who He has know literally forever. I love this picture. It's amazing what emotions beautiful art, music, written word and spoken word can evoke. THIS is what our talents are meant to be used for. To testify of Christ.
Happy Independence Day America!!! 250 Years!
1 month ago


1 comments:
This post gave me chills, and maybe even some tears to my eyes. I couldn't agree more. Thanks for sharing Jen!
Post a Comment