We had our first young women's activity tonight as a new ward and it made me even more excited! I know the girls, they are awesome and I always love being with them. Tonight, though, I was most excited about the new leaders called to serve with me. Holy Moly.....I feel so blessed and excited to get to work with these awesome ladies. Tonight we started off having fun doing get to know you activities and eating yummy snacks, but I wanted the girls to know right of the bat that we are going to focus more of our Weds night activities on the scriptures and feeling the spirit. I don't want them only feeling the spirit on Sunday. So, I thought we should end the activity by each of the leaders sharing their favorite scripture or scripture story. It was great! I loved what each of the leaders had to say and I am so excited thinking about how they will each touch these girls lives. They are awesome women! I want the girls to get use to hearing their leaders bear their testimony. I want them to recognize that a testimony doesn't have to be a 10 minute long cry fest. It doesn't have to be a deep pouring out of your heart. It can be a simple statement or a sharing of a scripture that means something to you. I am so excited for the girls........these new leaders are in love with them already and are going to give their all to help reach my goals for our YW........help the girls discover their own testimonies, help them recognize the spirit and follow it and help them realize their great worth as a daughter of God.
Happy Independence Day America!!! 250 Years!
1 month ago

2 comments:
I love it!! You guys are going to have a wonderful time. Who are your counselors?
1st: Melissa Solen
2nd: Sammy Jacobson (they are moving into your old house!!)
Sec: Percy Lopez
Laurel Adv: Tara Priddis
MM Adv: Jackie Peters
Beehive Adv: Sarah Hayes
They are all amazing!!!
Post a Comment