CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A good weekend!!

Other than a trip to urgent care we had a great weekend. Parker ran through a rose bush well over a week ago and got several scratches on him.  They looked fine for a week until Friday evening
 they started looking like this....
.....by Sat morning they were BRIGHT red.  So, we went into Urgent Care and it was determined he was having a delayed allergic reaction....a WEEK LATER!!  Anyways, a couple doses and steroids and they are looking a million times better. Steroids really are a miracle cure all.

Our friend Derek came for a nice long visit.  My Sooners won, BIG! Although, it's not fair to start college football season and your team have a bye in week 2.  It's kind of torturous, actually. I guess I will have to use my good "fan" skills to help BYU kill Texas this week. My friend sent me this awesome picture.....
........I LOVE it, and it's true. :)

My dear dear friend Cassie also had her sweet little girl this past week.  She has been working so hard and waited so long to have this baby.  I am soooo excited for her and her hubby, Chad.  So glad baby Hope made it here!!
I LOVE this picture. 
Chad, Cassie and sweet baby Hope. :)
Baby Riley got to go home....
Alyssa and Riley

He got to go home just in time for
 his first OU game!

It's so much more relaxing
when OU wins big. :)
Sunday we had a great testimony meeting at church. I mean, one of those where you feel every testimony shared was said just for you.  Normally, we have a line of adults and children waiting to share.  On this day, it was not the case.  There were no "story" testimonies or "thanktimonies", they were solid direct testimonies of Christ or a specific principal of the gospel.  A brother in our ward spoke of Christ. Of the true nature of our relationship with Him.  He did not come to earth to atone for strangers. We are His family. His love for us is real and tangible.  A sister bore testimony of the power of personal revelation. How our Father in Heaven truly will direct our path.  Another bore testimony of knowing we truly are put in places at a specific time for a specific reason.  These testimonies made me think and really touched my heart.  It was a great Sunday.

Monday......the gorgeous weather!!  I woke up, went outside and said, " Oh my goodness, I am opening my windows as wide as they will go!!!!!"  What a gorgeous day. Today is just as awesome. Last night for FHE we just had to get outside, so we went to the park.

1 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden

Glad you team is doing well! How fun! Sunday sounded awesome. Wish I could have been there! Hope the school year is going well. Miss you!