CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Megamind head and Fireworks

Its a good thing Amanda and I are REALLY good friends, cause I needed her medical knowledge a lot this past weekend!!  I am so lucky to have such an amazing friend who helps me out and calms my paranoid mommy-ness when needed. :)  She is amazing and I LOVE HER!!!

So, Parker ended up having a bladder infection! Weird, right? I took him to Urgent Care Sunday morning because his frequent trips to the bathroom were now causing a little pain. He got some meds and we came home. Then a couple hours later I heard a super loud bang and hysterical crying. The poor dude slammed (and I mean slammed) his head into the door frame. It was awful. It took me a long time to get him settled down and his head immediately bruised and swelled up. After I got him to calm down we noticed his toes were bleeding......he must have scrapped his toes when he fell. Now, my kids HATE to have ice on them. So, I tried frozen corn this time. I kept "icing it" throughout the day and Parker would say, "get the cold corn, mom!". I don't know if you can really tell from the picture, but this goose egg was huge.  We kept calling him Megamind. :)


We had a fun week though.  We've babysat, had the missionaries over and I went to girls camp. We had plans on the fourth.  The Watkins had so kindly invited over for fun in the sun, food and fireworks.  I felt really bad we ended up not being able to go because of Parker. I had told Sam and Aileen to go ahead and go, but while they were out buying fireworks, they decided they wanted to be with Parker and I on the Fourth, so they stayed home with us. I love my family. :)

0 comments: