Last night I had the opportunity to meet with the sisters of our ward and share a unique way to feel the spirit. Our sweet Sis. Richardson presented the life of Christ through art. It was such a wonderful experience. Pictures like the one below remind us how real He is. How Mary must have felt holding HER baby, knowing what His life was to be. Who He would become. Her eyes tell such a story. I loved this painting.

I was also so moved by this sculpture. Again, how Mary must have felt holding HER baby. Having watched Him be tortured, mocked and scorned. How her heart must have been absolutely broken and how unbearable the pain must have been to watch all this, knowing it had to happen. I admire the strength, courage and faith it must have taken for this Holy Mother to stand and watch as He was crucified. I can't imagine.
I LOVE this time of year. This special night was such a wonderful way to start it off. To feel the spirit so strongly. To have our testimonies strengthened so much in an hour and a half. I love my Savior. I Love Him.

3 comments:
Jeni you have such a beautiful voice and you brought such a sweet spirit in the room through your beautiful voice and sweet testimony! Thanks!!
The SAME 2 pieces stood out to me, too! I LOVED your song!!
I love both of those pieces! I have the first one and just love looking at it! You were beautiful and your voice was amazing the other night!! You, Tj & Debbie brought the spirit in so stronly.
Post a Comment